Wow! Our first baby is one year old. Last year today I took Nelly for a 45 minute walk through the deep snow. We just kept walking and walking as I was determined to induce my own labor. Once home I felt myself ridden with bad "cramps." Sure enough those cramps turned out to be a 7 cm. dilated mommy ready to have her first baby. We left for the hospital at 3:00 pm. and Aubrey was born by 11:29 p.m. I can't describe the emotion I feel right now. The events of a year ago will forever be sketched in my mind. I find myself reliving and remembering every hour up until her birth. I get very emotional thinking about her birth. Why can't these moments be frozen forever? I remember how excited and happy I was to have a brand new baby. As I reflect on today I can't help but be so excited for what the new year with her will bring. She has changed our life immensely for the good. So although I look on this anniversary of her birth with sadness of how fast life is flashing before my eyes I can't help but be filled with rejoice and thanks for this wonderful 7 lb. 15 ounce blessing that God has entrusted to us. Here is a message for my first little girl:
Dear Aubrey,
Mommy and daddy love you more than you will ever know. The last year of our life has been incredible to say the least. We can't wait to spend many more years with you discovering the world. You have changed the way we see things. You have shown us the meaning of unconditinal love. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful daughter. We are SO LUCKY to be your parents. HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY!! Love, Mommy and Daddy.
I have linked a LONG montage I have created in honor of this special day. I am going to order it so please understand why it is so long:) ENJOY!

No comments:
Post a Comment